Welcome to Book Talk

 During 2022, one of my main goals is to read more. Over time, good books have dramatically and positively affected my life. Now, a year-plus past my 34-year teaching career, it's time to learn a lot before I commit to new life paths, and the best way for me to learn right now is via reading good books. 

It's more natural for me to be a tangental learner who multi-tasks by reading short articles, tweets and blog posts, listening to news shows and talking with all kinds of people to learn more and formulate my ideas and resulting action, but to truly learn in deep and meaningful ways, I have to commit good time to rich texts that respond to the questions I have about good living. 

So, I've started this new blog to follow my 2022 reading goal, a goal that will make time to read books related to these questions:

  • How can we rid our lives personally and collectively of the racism that causes so much heartache, pain and destruction?
  • How can we live healthy lives?
  • How can we rid society of senseless violence, harm and hurt?
  • How can we work against the kind of purposeful misinformation and propaganda that props up the wealth, privilege, power, protection and pleasure of a few while harming and hurting most others?
  • How can we boost public education in ways that creates better management models, more reasonable job expectations, modern inside/outside learning environments, adequate staffing, fair pay and modern, life-enriching programs?
  • How can we better protect our natural resources and beautiful natural lands, air and waterways?
  • What is good living? How can we promote good living in our lives?
Beginning in the new year, I'll make reading a mainstay and share what I learn and my related thoughts via this blog post. Let's see what happens. Onward. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say it Loud: 2022 First Book

A very long book list